HEALTHY BANANA CAKE


So Nugget turned two last Friday. When did this happen? (Last Friday, I know)
I'm old and I start being the kind of adult I hated when I was younger. Always talking about how fast something went by and the worst, I always hug and squeeze and try to get a kiss from him. Poor Nugget. I know how awful that is. Not trying to change anytime soon though. 

My darling sister then asked me to bake a cake with no sugar. She acutally said that. And then I panicked. What cake doesn't contain sugar? I mean, I can't just subsitute sugar for honey. And then I remembered that some people like to make banana bread instead of banana cake. And then smear a whole jug of Nutella right on top of it. Nice try. 

I used this recipe from BBC. Mainly because the site doesn't look hideous unlike other blogs. I doubled the recipe because I knew my fantastic cake needs six fantastic layers. 

And then I remembered that no banana cake tastes good without cream cheese frosting. Since cream cheese frosting consists mainly of .. ummm sugar, I knew that my sister and 12 other moms would try to kill me if I actually went for that. So I went for elana's pantry's cream cheese frosting
Needless to say, it was the most amazing shit I ever tasted. And there's no butter nor any sugar in it! Can you believe it? I couldn't.

1 comment:

christina said...

"I always hug and squeeze and try to get a kiss from him. Poor Nugget. I know how awful that is."
Haha, oh Gott ich bin ja mittlerweile auch so - darweil nervt's mich auch so derb, wenn's meine Eltern bei mir machen.